Monday, July 20, 2009

Mexican

I heart Mexican. Love, Love, LOVE it.
And, it's the easiest way that I've found to eat Vegetarian - especially if eating out.

I have eaten LOTS of Mexican these past few days. Every lunch & dinner for days and days. I still have just a little Chili's Veggie Fajita's left over in the fridge. And then, that's it. I'm cutting myself off. No more Mexican. For at least... a week. Seriously folks, I need some new stuff.

So, I think tomorrow I am going to attempt creativity with my Lentils. I'm ok with doing a soup since it's been a while since my last soup kick and I don't have enough gumption to try the meatloaf or burger recipes just yet; too involved. I did find some vegetarian Lentil Soup recipes online, but a lot of them called for one or two ingrediants that I don't have in the house right now. So, I think I'm just going to wing it. Not always the best idea, but hey, maybe it'll be a learning experience.

This is what I have in my head for it so far:
Lentils (duh)
Veggie Broth
Carrots
Celery
Onion
Barley?
Bay Leaf(s)

What else? I'm bad at knowing how to combine seasonings. Plus, I'm just not sure what the most complimentary seasonings are for Lentils. Come on, they're lentils!!!

My only dilemma with this plan is the fact that this evening I discovered quite the little stock of mushrooms and bell peppers in my Produce Drawer.
But seriously, No more veggie fajitas, tacos, quesadilla's, or bean/rice concoctions. I just can't do it anymore!!! (although, it's always a good excuse for cheese!!!!)

Definitely trying out the Lentils. Yee-ha.

1 comment:

  1. my lentil soup recipe is pretty simple, and uses onion, carrot, celery, garlic and rosemary. I get sick of it before it's all gone though.

    ReplyDelete