Monday, August 24, 2009

Struggles

Last week was a challenge.

A new routine brought with it a change in lifestyle. Previous week & weekend of excitement left no time for food preperation. And overall feeling of blah left me... well, blah.

New time schedule of reporting to the high school meant that I skipped out on my normal breakfast of egg whites and opted for Bran Flakes. Whole grains, full of fiber, but lacking in the protein department. Two dinners were split between a large batch of Zuchunni Parmesean (fancy for breaded & baked Zuchinni w/ Marinara). Again, no protein. Exhaustion lent to stupid snacking vs. healthy nurishment.

So, this week is Mission Protein. I've whipped up a large batch of scrambled Egg Whites & Veggies to warm up each morning and eat in a tortilla (sorry folks, this girl doesn't cook at 5:30am). More eggs are hard boiled. Cheese & Yogurt stocked in fridge. And Morningstar Farm products are Buy One Get One currently at Publix. Woo! (This smart Publix shopper save over $23 yesterday...)

I've also decided to start monitoring my eating a little more closely via the WW Points system. I'm pretty anti-dietplan, but I have some old materials that I dig out every now and then when I need to get back to reality in terms of my eating habits. My goal is to lose 10 lbs for a specific event in November that I'd love to have a killer dress for.

Kids, I've consumed all but 5 points so far today. (I'm not going to tell you about my undocumented fat free coffee creamer). Dinner will be Green beans I steamed last night (oooh, those are protein, yes?), Spicy Black bean burger, & Perhaps a hard boiled egg to fill me up for a night full of grad school. Will there be enough points left for a final piece of Dove chocolate???? And let's pray that no one brings a treat in tonight for first week of classes....

Accountability requested.

1 comment:

  1. yay for said event in november!! i need to get in shape for the killer dress I'm wearing to this event, too ;)

    ReplyDelete