Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Success!!

Lentil Soup - with NO recipe, just some insight from friends, a little field research, and my personal soup knowledge.
It rocks. Although, I used a lot of the same strategies for it as my (personally) famous Black Bean Soup, so it tastes very similar. That isn't a bad thing, but not exactly along the lines of 'shaking it up.' That's Ok, I'm still learning.

So, the lentil soup lives on. The cheese, however, does not. (nor the dark chocolate peanut M&M's. I can't stop myself...) Once I deplete my cheese storage, I'm going to wait a while to replenish. I'm down to my favorite cheese sticks and a few slices of American - which I've figured out a half of slice goes well in the soup. But, these are somewhat needless calories & saturated fat. I'll make up for lost protein by eating egg whites every morning - MINUS the cheese.

I need to cut back. My goal is to get back in to my skinny jeans. This past semester has finally caught up with me, as most semesters do. So, now I need to back-peddle my way out of this situation. I've been working out twice a day and feeling great. Minus the need to grib something for stability when sitting or rising.
I'm going to go take a bonus Glucosomine & some ibuprophen...

And I think I'm going to bite the bullet and weigh myself in the morning. Yeeeeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment